The Halloween Season brings many fun events for children, youth, and families across the City. In an effort to make this a safe and happy Halloween for all, various City departments will be sponsoring parties and other events around Cambridge.
The schools also want to make sure that students are staying safe while trick or treating on Halloween. Here are some helpful tips:
- Young children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Older children should go out in groups of three or more and carry flashlights.
- Have children go only to neighborhood houses or people they know. Adults should know their route and time of return.
- Remind children to stay away from strangers and not to accept anything from them.
- Review traffic safety rules with your children. Remind children to stay on sidewalks.
- Costumes should be non-flammable, light in color, or add reflective tape, and shouldn’t block vision.
- Children should avoid carrying sharp objects.
- Discard candy and loose or open wrappers.
Also check out the special yearly Open House at all fire stations!
All are welcome to come visit the fire station and to see the fire trucks up close. The first 75 kids to each station will receive a reflective Halloween treat bag to use for trick-or-treating, and inside each bag will be a glow stick and candy generously donated by Cambridge Brands, Inc.
The Cambridge Police Department has also provided some helpful information on how to ensure a happy and safe Halloween for all.